Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Tired of Winter White and Longing for COLOUR....?


Are you tired of winter? And looking at white? As a quilter and a gardener, I find myself longing for some colour! Yes, I do have lots of colour in my fabric stash, and I've been browsing some gardening catalogues, dreaming of which new perennials to add to my garden this summer. I guess that will have to do for a few more weeks, but it is encouraging to feel the growing warmth of the sun, the lengthening days and slowly rising average temperatures. Spring IS coming... eventually....
Some of our members are snowbirding where it's warmer, basking in green instead of white, and perhaps enjoying beautiful tropical blooms like these at left. Or maybe they are taking in a few inspiring quilt shows.

Here are a few links to some colourful inspiration for you: The Road to California Show takes place each January in Ontario CA, just east of Los Angeles. You can see some of the winners here and here. Pictured at right is the Best of Show winner, Fractal by Claudia Pfeil of Germany. Wow! Just W O W! Read all about it and its maker here.

I've always had a fascination with Japan, probably because of the Japanese penpal I had for years. Attending the Tokyo Quilt Festival would be fabulous wouldn't it? Viewing the entries online is likely the closest I'll get, click here to see some of this year's entries and winners. Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom of the post to see the amazing Grand Prize winner, and to click on several more links for Special Exhibits and Close Up views.

St Patrick's Day is just a few days away. Click here to view some quilts inspired by Celtic designs and symbols, and of course that beautiful colour GREEN!

How are you dealing with these latest snowstorms? I'm just hiding away in my studio, quilting, quilting, quilting.....

1 comment:

  1. Oh what nice colors! I cant wait for spring and yes - I too would love to go to the Tokyo quilt show.

    ReplyDelete