Sunday, January 15, 2017

Happy New Year!


I hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful Christmas season and you feel rested and rejuvenated.  We're already halfway through January! Our first meeting of 2017 is just a few days away, hope we'll see YOU there!

A few days ago, an FQG member called me to discuss ideas re. a signature quilt. She has a niece getting married and the couple want a signature quilt at their wedding for all guests to sign. We discussed design ideas, the use of freezer paper to make signing easier, permanent ink pens, etc. Later after doing a little internet search for "signature quilts" I came across an article on permanent ink pens which has some good info and results of testing.  Click here to read it, you might find it useful.

If like me, you dislike the cold temperatures and shorter days of winter, perhaps a look at some quilts will warm you up. Click here to enjoy the warm tones of these "southwestern" quilts.

See you Tuesday night!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Linda, I read the article of the pens.. a great test she did and very helpful. I use Micron Pigma all the time on paper but never tried it on fabric.. India Ink is pretty stable on fabric but I never did the "15 times" test.

    ReplyDelete