Saturday, June 18, 2011

Summer Updates...

Just a few bits of info Ladies... I will pass on info through the summer, as I hear of things, so please do check here once in a while. There is an up to date listing of Quilt Shows and events happening over the summer on the sidebar at right. If you know of any other quilting related Shows or Events please let me know and I will add them. I hope you all will have the opportunity to get out and attend some of these shows- they are always great inspiration and it's fun to support other Guilds and groups.

You are all aware, I'm sure, of the edVentures program which operates in Fredericton through the summer. There are many excellent courses offered between July 5 and August 20. Click here for a complete listing of offerings and more info.

Sunbury Shores in St. Andrews also offers a variety of summer arts courses and nature programs. For a full listing click here. One which might interest you is a Quilted Fabric Landscapes class with Heather Lair. The dates for it are August 22-26, and no machine is required - it's all handwork. Design, composition, construction and quilting techniques will be covered. Click here for more details.

If you are getting new eyeglasses over the summer, and have no further need of your old ones, please hang onto them and bring to our September meeting. They are being collected for Grandmothers Helping Grandmothers. Thank you!!

Lastly if you have any ideas for Gail and I for a summer Blog post here - please let us know. And if you have good clear photos of a quilting project you have completed and will be giving away before our next meeting, send me the digital photo and I'll do a "Summer Show and Tell"...
Happy Summer....

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful Idea on the summer show and tell Linda. I know I'll have a few things that I'll be making and they will never make it to the show. Gail M.

    ReplyDelete