Monday, June 14, 2010

The Quilt Show Quilt

While browsing blogs a few weeks ago, I came across the most incredible quilt and I knew right away I wanted to share it with all of you. It was made by Laura Peterson of Bigfork Montana. Bigfork is a small town on the eastern shore of Flathead Lake - I drove right by there a few summers ago... but I digress. I emailed Laura to ask if she would mind my sharing the photo and website with you and she was happy to oblige. Her quilt is 108" by 30" and is called "The Quilt Show". Here it is...
If you click here, you will be taken to the website she created to tell viewers all about the quilt- how the idea percolated in her mind after attending Quilt Shows and "people watching" or should that be "quilter watching"....??? You can view each individual quilt and read it's story... and read about how she created the "quilter people"... Amazing... Thank you Laura, for allowing me to share this with our members and other readers.
I kept thinking I would LOVE to see this quilt "in person"... well guess what? It is coming to Houlton Maine in August!! The Friends and Needles Guild in Houlton will be featuring it at their annual Show, August 20-22, 2010. This show is held at the Elks Club on Main Street, hours are 10a.m. to 4p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and noon to 4 p.m. on Sunday. Admissioon is $5.00. I'll happily pay $5.00 just to see Laura Peterson's The Quilt Show quilt!! Will I see you there?

3 comments:

  1. OMG, you are good. I'm so glad to know that is coming so close. That will be a good roadtrip. Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go to but will be away! Drat. THanks for being able to see it this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'd love to see that quilt!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete