Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy New Year

Happy New Year. We hope you had a great holiday and are getting back into the swing of things. Watch this blog this coming week for guild meeting information, upcoming workshops and other happenings in the guild.

Did any of you get fun quilty things for Christmas? I did. I got a Layer Cake. Now, I'm searching for ways to use it.

Have you seen the Moda Bake Shop? Various contributors prepare patterns using Moda products and share them with blog readers. One of my favorite recent patterns is this wall quilt called "I'm Blushing". It's made mostly using Jelly Roll strips. What a cute layout for a quilt!

Did you get a Kindle for Christmas? You absolutely must make this Bookkeeper (or Kindle Keeper). The pattern was developed to hold a kindle or a similar sized novel. I've made this recently for a friend who has a kindle and it's absolutely adorable.

And finally, if you don't know what a Jelly Roll, a Honey Bun or Layer Cake consists of, check out this conversion chart from the Moda Bake Shop. You can make your own equivalents.
Happy Stitching

1 comment:

  1. Nice...I didn't get a Kindle, but I got an iPhone. Have you come across a cover/holder for them in your Internet travels?
    Kathy F.

    ReplyDelete